We’re hiring: Fundraising Manager (Part-time)
We’re looking for a new Fundraising Manager to join our team — to apply, please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you want to work with Plant Your Future and the expertise you bring to email@example.com. Full details below.
Part-time Fundraising Manager
Hours: Part-time (16 hours a week/ 2 days)
Contract type: Consultant
Location: Home office, flexible across the UK but with ability to travel to London/ and donor meetings.
Deadline: until suitable candidate is found
Salary: £28-32k pro rata depending on experience
Plant Your Future is recruiting for a Fundraising Manager to grow our income from Trusts & Foundations.
Plant Your Future is an international grassroots environmental charity with the vision of a restored Amazon Rainforest. To achieve this, we’re working to promote sustainable farming with Peruvian smallholder farmers, empowering them to adopt agroforestry and generate sustainable incomes through sale of sustainably harvested fruit, timber and carbon credits. Our work is not only an effective way to tackle climate change, but it also reduces the deforestation pressure on the rainforest and helps protect irreplaceable high conservation value rainforest biodiversity, including threatened animal and bird species. To date, we have helped 17 rural communities in the Loreto and Ucayali regions of the Peruvian Amazon to plant over 200,000 trees. Right now, we’re in the middle of a significant scale-up, with a plan to plant one million trees by 2025.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated self-starter with a successful track-record in fundraising to help Plant Your Future continue to grow and achieve its goal of planting a million trees and beyond.
You will be working closely with the Board of Trustees, as well as other volunteers. The role is home-based, although ability to travel to donor meetings, events and to meetings with the PYF Trustees is expected.
About the role
Plant Your Future is a small but growing charity and we are looking for someone who can effectively research funding opportunities that are aligned with our vision and mission. Initially we’d see a particular focus on Trust and Foundations to complement other members of the team.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Lead on research and identification of new Trusts and Foundations to apply to
- Lead on writing of Trusts and Foundations applications building both new and managing existing relationships
- Manage our CRM internal database of donors, applications, reporting etc
- Support on other fundraising opportunities including corporate and individual giving campaigns
- Coordinate with Plant Your Future communications and social media team
- Travel within the UK and work flexibly as needed
- Manage donor relations
We are looking for someone who is able to work independently with a positive attitude, responsible to feedback and with fresh ideas.
- 2 years relevant work experience in fundraising
- Experience working with donors and building and maintaining long-term relationships
- Experience developing log frames of activities and outcomes
- Experience developing and working with fundraising budgets
- Successful track record in Philanthropic Fundraising, including Trusts and Foundations fundraising
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and fluent English speaker
- Attention to detail, well organised with a track record of working to deadlines in a timely manner
- Speaks Spanish and with experience of working with an international team
- Strong network and relationships with Trusts and Foundations
- Experience working with Trustees and Volunteers
- Knowledge and network of contacts with international development and environmental donors/ trusts and foundations
- Experience working with overseas trusts
- Knowledge or past track record of fundraising for South America/ rainforest