New Trustee Opportunity: Experienced in PR or Fundraising
Can you help us expand and diversify the expertise of Plant your Future’s Board of Trustees so that we can create a greater impact in restoring the rainforest and alleviating poverty?
Our small charity, Plant your Future, is at an exciting period of growth and we are looking for new trustees to join our team so that we can achieve even more in the Amazon.
As we look to expand our work and scale-up our activities in the Peruvian Amazon, we’re particularly interested in recruiting a new trustee with specific skills within the fundraising or PR sector.
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
- Offer advice and guidance to the Trustees and Plant your Future’s fundraiser to develop the charity’s fundraising and communications strategy.
- Provide professional expertise within the fundraising or PR sector, including individual giving, corporate and major donor fundraising.
- Work with Plant your Future’s fundraiser and communications volunteers to develop new fundraising and profile raising campaigns.
- Connect the charity with relevant networking opportunities to increase reach and engagement with potential donors.
- Provide advice to enhance the charity’s grant application proposals aimed at Trusts and Foundations.
- Analyse and provide advice on improving the communication of the charity’s unique selling points and key messages, especially in terms of SEO.
- Help facilitate strategic decisions by the Plant your Future team; reviewing and setting strategic goals to help the charity grow its fundraising income.
- Offer expertise and to be available for advice and enquiries on an occasional ad hoc basis.
- Attend and contribute to our AGM and three additional annual board meetings.
- Represent the interests of Plant your Future and for holding the organisation accountable for taking all decisions for the benefit of our beneficiaries
- Act as an advocate for the charity, including through professional and/or personal networks.
Trustees are encouraged to take on additional responsibilities, matched with their knowledge, skills, experience and interests, as their time allows – for example, joining working groups associated with specific projects or contributing to the creation of policies.
Required knowledge and skills:
- An understanding of the legal structure, purpose, and responsibilities of a charity
- An understanding of Plant your Future’s mission and the needs of beneficiaries
- Professional charity fundraising knowledge, notably in individual giving (including digital), corporate and major donor fundraising
- Ability to create networking opportunities and build working relationships with trusts and foundations, high donors, corporates and the media
- Experience of PR, marketing and communications within a small charity
- Project management and capacity-building skills
All applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- A strong empathy for and interest in Plant your Future’s mission.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of a trustees’ role.
- Recognition of the positive value of diversity and a willingness to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to this role.
Time commitment: Trustees are expected to attend all board meetings. These usually take place quarterly, with additional meetings arranged if required. It may be necessary to allow time to familiarise yourself with reports or other details ahead of these meetings, and to participate in telephone/email discussions between meetings.
Location: There are no specifications in terms of location as we primary have virtual meetings and communicate digitally.
Expenses: This is a voluntary role. Reasonable “out of pocket” expenses, such as travel to meetings, will be reimbursed.
If you are interested in joining Plant your Future’s team of advisors and have some of the skills and experience listed above then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief expression of interest telling us why you think this role is right for you.
agroforestry, amazon rainforest, board of trustees, charity, communications, deforestation, environmental, Fundraising, marketing, Poverty, PR, reforestation, Sustainability, tree planting, trustee, voluntary, volunteer